View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 05:02 AM   #20
darkgael

One

Quote:
I'd think the only handgun that would be easier to shoot with one hand, would be one with a grip/frame designed to accommodate only one hand, like free pistols. Tiny pocket pistols are also one-handed. Anything with enough room for two hands will be easier to shoot with two.
Practice exclusively with one hand, and you'll probably eventually shoot everything better with that one.
There is a lot of truth in that last line. After years of Bullseye shooting, I find that I shoot more accurately wuth one hand than two.
Which way is easier is more a function of quality of practice than type of firearm.
That being said...the aforementioned "free pistols" are engineered so that they become as much a part of the hand as possible. The guns are designed so that the bore lines up with the bones of the forearm and aiming the gun is literally like pointing the finger. And a two ounce trigger helps a bit (once you get used to it).
An old Pardini:

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries