View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Blindjim

Eghad

UH, thanks.

OK... yeah.. all scopes I've looked at their specs tell the eye relief.

Soooo?

Forgive me but exactly how does that info help me find a mount solution, and one with the proper height to clear the CX4 sights without sticking it way up in the air???

so far, more research indicates the typical AR iron sight height is 1.4in. Where? Dunno. At the top I suspect. How much further above the sights should a scope rest eleudes me.

As said, and without a micrometer, mine measure about 1 1/8in from rail surface to the top of the plastic stock body which surrounds the metal sights, though the sights themselves are not as tall, and being flipped down as is usual, athey leave a horse shoe like appearance looking thru them down the barrel.

I think going with the tallest affordable mount out there is going to cause trouble in the short game. 0-50ft accuracy.

I've found many mounts use various info telling on the heights. Some use centerpoint of the rings. some use the lower inside of the ring as their meansurements.

I CAN NOT use slide on & slide off RAIL mounts.

They MUST be drop on types. QR or not.

Thus far, I've nothing to go on here that is truly pertinent for my current quest.

I'd like to stick around the $100 & less area, for those who actually know anything abhout choosing the right scope mount for a rifle.... PLEASE do chime in with your experiences and suggestions.

some which seem appropriate are:
Armalite
Buruss
Wilson

all are about $100 or under. QR are near double these at $160 & up, making them too rich for my blood.

I wonder too, if with two guns to deal with, that this means possibly two mounts as well. Crap if it does.

Help.. with some actual brand and model names, which you feel will solve my issue.. please
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.

Page generated in 0.02143 seconds with 8 queries