View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 08:36 AM   #19
Seaman

Found a stash of 40+ year old 22 ammo at the cottage. Went to my LGS and they showed me Rugers, Brownings (cute 1911s that are too small for my hand, sigh), Sigs, and an S&W M&P 22 (last one). Took the slide off the M&P 22 and lo and behold... not only does it have a hammer, it also has a fixed barrel... bonus. Bought it.

Put a few mags thru it, shot a variety of (mostly crappy) ammo, 100% function. It really puts a deep dent in the spent brass. No hiccups. Pictured below is first mag dump (12+1). This is a very light gun, very soft shooter, had trouble not limp wristing, (a bad habit of mine) as you can see the target has a couple of fliers. I do better with all steel.

Bought it for plinking, but it might do for carry. I wouldn't call it a 'higher end' gun tho. Should be OK for my wife, she currently prefers a tiny 25 ACP mouse gun... btw this is a near full size gun.

Best to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S&W M&P 22.JPG (102.3 KB, 26 views)

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 9 queries