View Single Post
Old June 8, 2012, 10:05 PM   #27
animal

I have a vest, ugly cream color thing, but have never worn it training a new shooter.
But … there have been a couple times I would have been more comfortable with the heavy, hot, thing on … a particular 80+ yr old lady with deceased hubby’s .32 auto comes to mind. Here’s a quote : "Here’s Stanley’s pistol. I suppose it’s loaded. He always kept it loaded." … This during a surprise pull out of the purse and that itty bitty muzzle seemed to be pointed everywhere on me at once, and with that bony little finger on the itty bitty trigger the whole time.
Hubby had been dead for years and the pistol lived in her night stand all that time. Before the actual lesson, I had dropped off copies (old versions, been a while) of the NRA basic pistol book, home firearm safety book, an orientation flier (my own version), and a cover letter. The flier and letter both had 16 point boldface instructions to NOT bring a gun to the first lesson, also had told her this in person (pointed it out on the flier, in fact) and twice over the phone…. Yep, it was loaded, severely gunked up, but functioned just fine.

What does not kill us is a chance to learn. Never trust a newbie.

The red vest … careful washing the outer … though pink might be more attention -getting.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries