View Single Post
Old May 12, 2008, 11:36 AM   #27
xsquidgator

Kind if hits close to home for me... my retired dad is in a circle of older retired guys who are all pilots of one kind or another and meet for coffee & BS every morning (used to be at their small airport until it closed). One of their circle is a loudmouthed ex-Navy carrier pilot who's terribly impressed with himself, still wears a leather flight jacket full of patches etc, who's unfortunately a few beers short of a six pack. One morning while doing their routine ex-carrier pilot guy whips out a pistol of his he brought with him to show everyone, don't know if he has a CWP or not. Then he points it at my dad, and when my dad complained, he pulls the F-ing trigger while laughing "hey it ain't loaded"!

I found out about it months later, and I don't know what I would have done had I been there. I'm not much of a fighter but there darn well would have been some sort of a scene or worse, and I'd probably have called the police on him too. What the hell goes through the minds of some of these idiots? Ignorance is one thing but there are people like Mr numbuts ex-carrier pilot who go way beyond ignorance into Darwin-award stupidity. I didn't realize how PO'd this made me until I just now typed it out.

I got swept once at a range by a guy who should have known better, and didn't make anything of it like I should have. Not next time, "it's not loaded" as an excuse is worse than simply not knowing about the first 2 rules of gun safety since it implies that sometimes the safety rules don't apply to you.

Page generated in 0.03128 seconds with 8 queries