View Single Post
Old March 20, 2007, 07:59 PM   #7
rem33

Coyote is a survivor he will eat just about anything. I have watched them eat apples more then once, have heard they will eat grasshoppers if times are hard.
Yep they will eat cats we lost several to them, and small dogs. I have heard a cat be taken, cat squalled a couple of times and you just found fur in the morning.
When I was kid out hunting with my Shepard mix pooch he would run the heck out of a coyote if he found one, which was not that rare of a occurrence. They would always go out of sight and the first time or two I was concerned but my dog always came back.
Last place I had we had mid sized dogs, 25 to 35 lbs or so, 3 of them that ran free. You could hear the song dogs at night but the dogs were never bothered.

I used to know guys that had Greyhounds that would go out at night spotlighting for coyotes and turn the dogs loose when one was found. The Greyhounds would kill the coyotes.

I doubt they eat many dogs except small ones and maybe in a city situation such as the hills around LA.

Most ranchers seem to hate em but one guy I know with only cattle says they eat mostly mice etc and doesn't want them shot. I know other ones that keep a rifle in the pickup for coyotes.

I used to shoot them but have kinda grown fond of 'Ol Wylie E over the years and it is rare now days for me to kill one. They are quite the animal once you get to know them.

Page generated in 0.02095 seconds with 8 queries