View Single Post
Old March 30, 2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Lurper

Bob,
I suppose it is possible. The sport was designed on the principles of Diligentia-Vis-Celeritas. Accuracy, Power, Speed. Unfortunatley many match directors and competitors lose sight of that. Anther key difference in IPSC is that it presents the shooter with a shooting problem and allows them to solve it freestyle within safety limits. Unfortuntely, we sometimes are pulled down to the lowest common denominator and our sport suffers. People design matches that have 30 plus round field courses in them because they are fun. They do not stick to the principles of the sport. A good stage will test the shooters full spectrum of abilities including the ability to think. It should have both near and far targets, easy and hard shots and plenty of no-shoots. As I mentioned, many of the new comers to the sport do not understand the basic principles, thus the sport has morped into something it was never intended to. It is not like that in the rest of the world, most other countries still stick to the principles.

Further, there are many drawbacks to the classification system. I was opposed to it right after it was introduced because it became obvious that it had many flaws that shooters could use to their advantage. I could rant for quite a while about the classification system, but won't. Your friend was not a true Grandmaster based on his statement. A true Grandmaster will tell you that they use their sights. I get .75 first shot "A" hits at 10 m and my time between shots is around .11 and not only do I see the sights, I can call my shots.

Page generated in 0.03526 seconds with 8 queries