View Single Post
Old January 28, 2014, 10:24 AM   #33
JimDandy

Quote:
That being said, I don't think many people would go to court over what would be seen as a private family matter.
And if Gramps is mad enough to do just that? Now you're doubly screwed. You have to give them back, and Gramps isn't going to be very friendly to the idea of giving them up voluntarily. Possibly triply screwed, if you end up facing criminal charges over the issue. As Tom has said, if it's really to that point, there's a proper channel for doing it, and it covers and solves multiple issues. If you're not willing to go through that avenue, it probably hasn't gotten that bad.

Quote:
If I am answering more of these questions in the affirmitive, then I would feel comfortable making the decision to remove firearms from the home if the person appeared to be a threat to themselves or others.
Only one of those questions gives you the right to make that decision. The first one. The last two can lead to the first one being affirmative, but you shouldn't feel comfortable taking their property without their permission until the first one is affirmative. For your protection and theirs.

Page generated in 0.02554 seconds with 8 queries