Thread: cz-52
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2009, 12:10 AM   #7
CGSteve8718

The Chinese copied the Tokarev both militarily and commercially. The commercial models don't just come in 9mm, but also in the original 7.62x25. However, I do believe that the Chinese used military parts to make many of these pistols to export here.

Their military version is called the Type 54, and they also produced the exact weapon but designated as the M20. These were for export to foreign militaries as clandestine aid. I have a Vietnam bringback M20, no markings that would indicate it is of Chinese manufacture.

I also own the cz 52 and must say the TT feels much better to me. I actually enjoy shooting the TT versus the cz 52. I feel I overpaid for mine a few years ago at $180 (IIRC).

Going back to the Tokarevs, you should know that as with other military firearms, there is a premium for bringback originals, and the later boogered ones for import. All of the recently imported stuff with the added compliance safety will be far less than if you can find any variation in original condition. It is not uncommon to see an original Russian Tokarev go for $600 + on the collector market. Also, don't discount the Chinese "knockoffs", as they are good shooters and still can be found for about the same price the Romanian or the Polish would go for depending on the variation (the Chinese had a lot of different commercial models, one which is even high capacity).

Page generated in 0.02560 seconds with 8 queries