View Single Post
Old May 8, 2008, 05:24 PM   #4
BigJimP

I've reloaded using MEC's for over 35 years - they're good machines. I'm currently using the 90000 HN hydraulics in 12, 20, 28 and .410 for my needs.

Use the bushing chart as a guideline - and pick the closest bushing you have. Make sure you have no static in the bottle on the press / keep anti static dryer sheets in powder storage cannister. Keep the powder bottle at least half full all the time. Pros and cons on using a powder baffle between bottle and the press - personally I don't use them. Put a bottle holder on the press ( block of wood / strap of velcro ) so they don't shake as press operates - or you can buy one from Mec. I always dump the first 5 powder drops on startup - then I measure each drop until they are consistent to 0.1 grain - and depending on powder you use / they drop very consistently. Hodgon Clays is a good 12ga powder - lots of range from min to max on a variety of primers and wads.

You can adjust a bushing by putting it on a drill press or a lathe - spin it - use a light touch with some emery cloth to open it up a little / or some hard finger nail polish to tighten it up ( then the emery cloth) / then scratch a new number on the side of it with a dremel tool or something so you know it was modified.

Page generated in 0.03565 seconds with 8 queries