View Single Post
Old March 29, 2014, 08:22 AM   #25
Freakingstang

A year and a half ago at 33.

I've shot for years. Never had a desire to reload until my uncle died unexpectedly from a bike wreck (he was hit by a dunk in a power stroke that ran a stop sign).

After going through all his gun stuff, as no one else in the family is gun oriented, and he's the reason I'm the gun nut I am. I found all of his reloading stuff. I never knew he reloaded. I found powders, primers, cases, projectiles for 38/357, 223, 303 British, 8x56. Two trash bags full of 12ga hulls, 3 20lb bags of shot and 1500 wads, and old lee load all shotgun press... I never found dies or a rifle/pistol type of press

He had 400 38 special 148gr dewc loaded up. I pulled a couple bullets before I shot them. I got my meticulous-ness from him. Anyone else's loads, I wouldn't have shot them.

He had a pound of Hercules bullseye, Hercules blue dot, Hercules red dot all sealed in the old cardboard cans and two metals cans of DuPont imr4895. I've used all of that powder and then some in the past two years.

I think he'd be proud that I now reload everything I shoot with the exception of .22LR. It was kind of neat to see prices on primers of 69 cents and 8-9 dollar powder prices.

Page generated in 0.04049 seconds with 8 queries