View Single Post
Old January 18, 2013, 08:43 PM   #29
Spats McGee
Staff

Add Mark Pryor to the "Supports nothing in particular" (aka supports gun control when politically convenient) camp, based on the following response to my email:

Quote:
Dear [Spats McGee],

Thank you for contacting me regarding the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut and gun legislation. I appreciate hearing from you.

I was devastated to hear about the senseless act of violence that took place on December 14, 2012. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and those affected by this tragedy. The devastating impact of this tragedy has been felt not just in the small community, but throughout the nation and the world.

There is no doubt the shooting has heightened Americans' attention to gun laws, and a number of proposals have already been brought forth in response to this tragedy. I feel it is my duty as a U.S. Senator to consider legislation based on its merits and future ramifications. As Congress evaluates proposals related to all aspects of firearm violence, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I value your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my office regarding this or any other matter of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Mark Pryor
United States Senate

Page generated in 0.02346 seconds with 8 queries