View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Mrgunsngear

Quote:
From what I am being told the FNX 9 is replacing the Beretta 92 series for the Army, so having what I carry at work could be an upside.
The Army just purchased an additional 5,000 M9s this month and there is no ongoing trials that I know of (for Big Army at least). I go to the FN factory a lot and they have mentioned nothing about this and I'm 99.9% they would if this was true.

But your point about carrying what you carry at work is valid; at least in terms of trigger system. With the M9 being DA/SA, that's something to think about.

I would say you'll get equal performance (very reliable, easy to maintain, ect...) out of any of the guns you mentioned but if you plan on using it primarliy for HD/range use I'd bump your Ruger choice to the full size.

As far as ammo, the 40 and 9mm are very, very similar in terms of performance with modern duty ammo. I personally fell the 40 is harder to shoot well for most new (or relatively new) shooters. The snappy-ness of the round tends to induce flinching and low/left shots (for righties). I'd go 9mm, for this purchase at least.

If I had to choose one, I'd get the M&P.

Page generated in 0.02344 seconds with 8 queries