View Single Post
Old March 7, 2012, 09:13 PM   #64
Lost Sheep

Expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyFN
)edited for brevity) What I have a hard time understanding is some people will buy a Lee product and when it breaks they throw it away without giving Lee a chance to make it right and then go around telling everybody Lee is crap.
I have a theory

My friend broke a Lee press (by tripping and falling against it, snapping it off at the base). It was their $30 simplest press. He threw it away. It had come as an accessory to the purchase of Lee's Manual and the package had been on sale for $11. So, he figured "No loss".

I, on the other hand, knowing Lee does have a one year warranty (and not knowing my friend had tossed the press) called up a Lee outlet I was dealing with on a separate issue and told the story (the true story) and they said to send it back to them and they would replace it. (And they weren't even the original seller.)

My friend had low expectations, so never gave it a thought. I try always try to allow people or machines to excel.

He does not bash Lee (though he could). I only bash Lee for the stuff that is ill-designed (of which I find little).

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02725 seconds with 8 queries