View Single Post
Old August 29, 2012, 09:24 AM   #132
geetarman

I have a friend with a Taurus revolver. Her husband bought it as a present for her. She has been at the range three times with the gun and things got progressively worse. Cylinder lockup. Hard to extract .357 and some difficulty with .38 spl.

Last week I met her over at the indoor range and brought a Ruger Service Six that I bought from a range officer two years ago. That gun has about 3000 rounds through it. I also brought a Ruger Redhawk.

I bought a box of 38 spl, a box of .357 magnum and a box of .44 mag factory loads. I also had some .44 special as well as some .44 magnum handloads.

I let her shoot all of it and she really liked the .44 special as well as the 38special.

Her Taurus is curently back for service and I do not know what they will find.

I let her pick which gun to keep until hers gets back. She chose the Service Six.

Her sons also shoot and when they dryfired and handled the Ruger. . .hands down, they prefer the Ruger over the Taurus.

I don't know what the outcome will be, but we will meet up at the outdoor range on Friday and she will bring the Ruger. Her husband should also be there. He shoots quite a bit and we will get his take on the Ruger versus the Taurus.

Should be an interesting day. I am glad that Taurus has a good warranty on their firearms, but it seems like there is a lot to be desired in the build quality. Sometimes you get a really good one and sometimes you do not.

From the extensive posts on this forum about the brand, I would have to say I would not buy one.

YMMV.

Carpe Cerveza

Page generated in 0.02230 seconds with 8 queries