View Single Post
Old October 20, 1998, 08:54 PM   #8
DIRK

It's not the round. Anyone who has done some shooting and comparison of ballistics will be able to tell you, there are many rounds out there that are capable of being loaded to defeat body armor. Almost any hard ball bullet at the correct velocity will penetrate body armor.

The problem with this topic is how magazines from shooting industry wil sensationalize a topic. I'm not even talking about the main stream news media. The G&A article is a prime example. I don't think it the brightest idea to put it on the cover that way. While the average shooter has no problem with it, the anti gun person sees that and has plenty of fuel for the next round of gun control debates. That is something that we don't need.

The other point is, anyone can make a wildcat that will do the same thing. It is not rocket science.

I am all for freedom of speach, but in this anti gun environment, I think it is prudent to moderate what is said and how it is said when it comes to the gun industry. Put the information out, just don't splash the cover of magazines like it's the next supercar evryone wants.

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries