View Single Post
Old June 4, 2012, 01:52 AM   #24
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpadds
...The whole thing was not scripted, it was spur of the moment and no it was not perfect. The guns were all cleared before being used as they are constantly in the shop....
In my view as an instructor, that is not sufficient and renders the video completely useless for teaching beginners. When beginners see things like that, they don't know any better and will believe it is acceptable behavior.

But it is not acceptable behavior. It is not acceptable behavior among the people I shoot with. It is not acceptable behavior among those I teach with. And it would not be acceptable behavior anywhere I've trained. Every time a gun is handled, its condition is verified, and every time a gun is handled the muzzle is not permitted to cover anything one would not be willing to destroy.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Frank Ettin; June 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: correct typo

Page generated in 0.02387 seconds with 8 queries