View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 12:53 PM   #35
zincwarrior

Quote:
I own both striker fired and DA/SA. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as to which is better. I completely understand why many people prefer the simplicity and greater consistency of a striker fired gun. I prefer DA/SA for the following reasons:

1. I've found that in tactical/self-defense pistol classes I am just more comfortable reholstering with my thumb on the back of the hammer. Yes, there should be no problem with a striker fired gun if you exercise proper technique and trigger discipline, but my control over the exposed hammer just gives me a greater measure of comfort.

2. I prefer the slightly heavier DA trigger pull on the first round, again for safety/peace of mind reasons. A five pound trigger pull on a holstered gun with no safety makes me slightly nervous. Yes, I know training is all important and tens of thousands of LEOs regulalry carry striker fired guns with no problem, but again the DA/SA system makes me more comfortable.

3. I am slightly less accurate with the first round fired DA as opposed to SA or a decent striker fired trigger, but still plenty accurate for combat/self-defense purposes, which is what I care about. I don't find the first DA trigger pull to be a problem whatsoever from a practical standpoint, and the subsequent 12 or 14 rounds SA are much better than your average striker fired gun.
These are all excellent reasons for your preference.

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 8 queries