View Single Post
Old October 17, 2010, 08:57 AM   #24
Uncle Buck

I only buy them if I want to shoot them. I do have a couple of wall hangers, but they are wall hangers because they are no longer safe to shoot (In my opinion).

As far as collecting for investments, I am not smart enough to see into the future and know what they might be worth. If any of my guns or pistols are every really worth a lot of money, I hope the friends and family members I leave them to find out.

I used to collect coins, pretty to look at, but after awhile they all look alike. I used to collect baseball/football cards, but I lost interest when the babies we call sport heroes started acting like three year old and throwing temper-tantrums. I spent more accumulating the sets than I'll ever get out of them.

With guns, there are so many different types and styles. Although I want an example of everyone of them I know I am happy with what I have. It has been nine years now since I have begun accumulating (My wife says it is not a collection) stuff for my favorite hobby.

The rifles, shotguns and pistols are more usable to me. I have two I was given that are valued at a little over $1,100.00. They still shoot straight and impress my buddies and I.

What it comes down to, and I think most everyone will agree with me: You gotta follow your heart.

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 8 queries