View Single Post
Old November 24, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1
QuarterHorse

Bedding Compound

I've read until my eyes hurt on various forums on what compound to use to bed my rifle stock while I wait for dies. I'm thinking about JB Weld and mixing it then let it sit for a few to thicken up. I've already confiscated play dough from my son who was more than willing to give it up for working on a rifle haha.

I've heard Devcon, but then which one? I've heard a few others too but I'm back to ordering and I haven't seen where JB doesn't work and I can buy that buy the gallon for inexpensive.

Have you guys had good success with it? I plan on cleaning the snot out of the stock with brake clean and using a TON of KIWI neutral shoe polish for a release agent. Using the play dough to dam up where I don't want it to go, and taping the barrel to make sure it's free floated. I'm also using long bolts and cutting the heads off to thread into the action to poke down through the stock, with a ton of KIWI on those as well. I don't want to mess up the rifle but do want to learn to do this and start building my own rifles.

FWIW this is being on a non-accutrigger Savage model 11.

Thoughts on this?

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries