View Single Post
Old April 1, 2011, 09:45 PM   #23
Stevie-Ray

I didn't start working out til I was in my mid-thirties. Wish I had started in high school. At my strongest I was 45 and benching 435 pounds. I was actually in the best shape of my life. Now though, it's 10 years later and my wife can't seem to quit falling. When she falls she usually breaks something and becomes total care. That means the gym is out until she can start moving on her own. I've just this week gone back for the first time in over 5 months, as she broke her leg in October. That's pretty much starting over for a couple weeks, but you get stronger much faster than originally. I'm now doing ski machine for at least 10 minutes, then hitting the weight; chest, abdominals, back, triceps, biceps and done for the day. I used to run in the park for a warmup, but switched to the ski machine for old knees. My BP is up for the first time in many years, but 5 months of nothing is probably enough to do that, along with all the stress of my wife, elderly mother, house problems, etc. Just a week later and already I'm feeling better. Working out is not just a hobby for me. It's now a necessity for proper health, and a decent stress-beater. As soon as the weather breaks, I'll be getting out my bicycle, also. That's probably the most fun you can have exercising.

Page generated in 0.02040 seconds with 8 queries