Thread: Range gear
View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Sevens

I have put ridiculous miles on a leather laptop bag. Countless range trips with this thing, and using a simple zippered handgun rug ($5-$7 each), I can (and often do) pack 5-7 handguns in a laptop bag. My range days are long, and lots of ammo comes along, so I carry that in it's own container.

For the average guy's normal 1 or 2 gun range day, a decent size laptop bag can easily carry everything.

As computers have gotten smaller, the bags have gotten quite a bit smaller. The kind of laptop bag I'm talking about it best found in a Goodwill store, or a similar resale shop or a garage sale.

The first laptop bag I used came with an old, outdated laptop that a friend no longer wanted; it was free. It worked so well that a larger one was on my shopping list and the one I currently use was snagged at a Goodwill store for eight dollars. It's pretty heavy duty and I just don't see me actually wearing this out.

I've seen some of the terrific shooting-specific range bags on the market and I like 'em! But you can't get those bags for under ten bucks.

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries