View Single Post
Old July 2, 2011, 12:53 PM   #40
SlimTheMan

@JerryM:

Between the ages of 12 and 21 I was a very responsible hunter and had a lot of respect for firearms. Some family disputes lead me down the road of alcoholism, at which time I did not have any guns. Suffice it to say I got a few dui's, the last one being a felony. I did my time and on completion received a certificate stating, "is hereby restored to full rights of citizenship subject to the provisions of SDCL 22-14-15 and SDCL 22-14-15.1." Those two codified laws refer to drug felonies and violent crimes....therefore I can legaly own a firearm.

Also I have been sober since my last arrest in the early part of '06. For any one to say that I would be a danger to the community by having a firearm just because of the felony dui is just plain ignorant...in the immortal words of Charlton Heston two quotes, "Here's my credo. There are no good guns, There are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people." and “I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands.” That's when the gov't can attempt to take my firearms away from me...

Regards
I to am Jerry...lol.

Page generated in 0.03112 seconds with 8 queries