View Single Post
Old November 26, 2011, 11:13 PM   #13
IZZY

Quote:
Microgunner: What happened to you would make me very very unhappy...unhappy enough that officer friendly's boss would hear it loud and clear, and if that did not get results, they would both hear from my lawyer.

If you are legally carrying a pistol, there is no reason for them to stop you. If the officer stopped you and said, are you carrying, and you answered yes, and then he asked you if you had a permit and you answered yes....that should be the absolutse end of it, actually, if you are doing nothing illegal, (and it has been upheld in court, several times, carry in itself is not reasonable cause) even that should not happen.

Disarming you is dangerous to you and the general public, as well as the officer. As long as a weapon is in a proper holster it can hurt no-one. As soon as it is removed from it's protective cover, it can hurt anyone.
I was recently stopped by a certain metro Orlando Police Dept. for having no tail lights, when the officer found out I was armed ( I told them when he asked) he wanted to "run the numbers to see if its stolen.." I have a CCW, he backed down when I kindly and politely refused as my permit is good ( that he called in about first!).

As for "printing" I try not to do it, old habits die hard. It's not against the law in FL, just poor manners. Wear a hawaiian shirt, get your suit tailored loose, and a good quality Inside the Waist Band ( IWB) holster from "the holster store (dot) com" and you're in business.

Page generated in 0.04712 seconds with 8 queries