View Single Post
Old December 2, 2013, 10:12 PM   #14
RX-79G

Quote:
None have ever had any problems with them but for the reason of lack of training and/or lack of proper mindset.
What's the "mindset" of someone woken from REM sleep at 3 AM? I'll bet it isn't so awesome, or people wouldn't do all the stupid stuff they do when woken in the middle of the night.

I do agree that everyone can and should train themselves to use a handgun properly. I think that includes learning to control a DA trigger, and not having to rely on a very light trigger to shoot straight. (Crazy idea, I know.)

Regardless of how well anyone is trained, adding an additional layer of mechanical safety is just sensible. It isn't a replacement for good habits, but a parachute for when training fails. The military has never relied solely on training for the proper operation of weapons, vehicles or anything else dangerous. They are taught and employed in conjunction.

All of this is, as always, IMHO. But I think that new people will get more out of learning to properly use a revolver or DA/SA pistol with a hammer than starting with a Glock or SAO. Once you can pull a 12 pound trigger and hit a target there is not going to be any kind of gun you can't shoot well.

Page generated in 0.04019 seconds with 8 queries