View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 06:44 PM   #7
Chowder

Got my M44 to the range today. After struggling a bit to get it sighted in and getting used to the sights on this rifle I have to say I am impressed! Most of the frustration sighting it is was because I forgot my hammer so I was drifting the sight with a punch and small rock .

The front fight was flush to the mount in this pic when I started so I had to drift it pretty far to be dead on.

I have only sighted in iron sights once so this might not be drifted very much, it just seemed a lot to me.

So once I got it shooting where I aimed it I moved out to 75 yards to see what I could do. I was shooting off the bench with elbows resting on the bench for support . I was all over the place at figuring out where to hold as the elevation was high. I figured out that a 6 o'clock hold right on the bottom of the black circle on my target was dead on.

This is was my best group after some practice.

That shot off to the bottom right I knew was off as I was pulling the trigger... Next time I wont let it happen .

At 100 yards I struggled a bit more with elevation, I think I need to figure out how to add some height to the front sight.

Over all I am super happy with this rifle and think it will be coming to the range with me very often.

Page generated in 0.02346 seconds with 8 queries