View Single Post
Old February 28, 2006, 04:43 PM   #17
rc_racer_007

Quote:
Damn, I'd almost be afraid I was capping somebody's dog...
lol,,, as you can tell by the background in the last pic, I don't live in the country. I didn't have a grambel so, we had these grambel-look-alike hooks in the garage, and i was hanging it from the basket ball rim with the yote o nthe ground and this old lady was walking down the alley and asked what it was.. lol... i think she thought it was mypet fluffy lmao.. i was kinda worried some old people was gonna call the law saying i was skinning some one's pet. lol.

Quote:
Nice story Rc Racer. Your mother is gonna have a fit when she sees you tanning that yote on her ironing board.
Congrats on the new .270. Many more yotes could fall to that .270. Good luck and keep killin them yotes.
lol, that aint her ironing board, its a strecher. lol im not sure if you was serious or not.... lol

yeah, dad said instead of mounting that small yote, i could get a .270 and take out some moreyotes and mount a bigger on. So i went for the .270 instead. and im ordering stuff to tan that hide now... first time doing it im sure it aint gonna be to pretty lol.. i already have some holes in the hide now

Plus, i forgot to mention my third coyote encounter.

It was doe season, me and dad were hunting, and donny had drove his truck up to the hill, and we were hollering for him, and we heard him shoot twice. So we started walking to were he was, when in the bottom i I saw for like a second, just the back side of a yote. I was walking at the top of the hill, so i dropped over the top a little so nothing below could see me and went on a dead run with my.270 in hand, and never saw it again, dad was beside me and didnt see it (in his 20 some years of hunting, hes NEVER seen a yote in the wild, as i said before iv hunted like 6 and that was my third, lol. same land he has hunted). BUt I didnt see it again. I started questioning myself,,, maybe it was a big possum or something... and i knew it was headed to donny. and i heard two more shots. So we walked up there and he was draging the yote out. which made me feel good cause 1) he killed it 2) i didn't look insane infront of dad. lol

heres the one i saw/ donny killed. Two neck shots with ballastic tips. WOW. funny thing was,, he missed two deer that was much closer then this yote and in less cover, and got this yote twice when he said it was twice the differance and in much heavier cover. lol

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries