View Single Post
Old July 19, 2002, 03:54 PM   #1
kjm

What shotgun mods & the best body armor?

I was wanting to modify my 870 as follows for general defensive purposes but mostly for home defense etc. The problem is that it has the 18" bbl, and by comparison to my other 870, it kicks so hard it almost losens the mucus in your sinuses. No joke, it smarts! I like the shorter bbl because it is easier for me and my wife to manipulate and use in the house or in the car. The kick however has got to go. I was thinking of mods to reduce some of the recoil besides the obvious recoil pads, and so maybe an extended magazine and or a 6 shell side saddle carrier. Would the added weight reduce some of the felt recoil? What other mods. I want to be able to practice with this shotgun and teach my wife to use it too, but if it brings tears to her eyes, what are the chances of getting her to seriously practice with it?

Any suggestions here are welcomed.

Second part is Body Armor. A relative of mine is a police officer, and has some really crappy body armor. Body armor does no good in the trunk, so I was wondering which brand or type is best and most likely to be worn comfortably. He wears his most of the time, but it is that time you don't wear it that you get shot. Anyway, I was wanting to make a gift of the best body armor around. Which types would be your picks if you had a reasonable buget of less than 1500.00 to spend?

Page generated in 0.02248 seconds with 8 queries