View Single Post
Old December 9, 1998, 01:20 AM   #3
Rob Pincus

Please don't take that the wrong way, Scott. I hesitated for a long time to even use the words "training" and "paintball" in the same conversations.
Playing paintball will indeed lead to thinking that trees and plywood represent safe ways to hide from bullets and that it is okay to risk getting shot in order to grab a flag or occupy some space. Worse yet, as I alluded to earlier, most modern paintball equipment will make you think that reloading is not an issue and spray and pray is the best way to shoot.
All of those tactics are important to winning a paintball game.

What I was talking about was a very controlled situation (preferably, as you said, indoors.. we had access to an old prison for over a year that made a great kill house) in which everyone approaches the use of paint guns with the proper mindset. Hence, my search for equipment that fits in with that mindset.

To unillaterally rule paintball out as useless in training would be the same as saying Simunitions is useless. While Simunitions is much better, most people have no chance of using Simunitions.

As I said, I have seen people really change their perspective on things like moving and shooting after just one short paintball session.
Then, you take that person back to the live range and let them realize just how incredibly bad they are at shooting and moving... voila: you have a person with a new dedication to learning how to shoot practically.

After the discussions about the electronic simulators with R/C paint/nylon guns mounted above the screen I am seriously considering some sort of R/C unit on a paintgun at the range.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02436 seconds with 8 queries