View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 01:11 PM   #11
larryf1952

I'm glad that someone finally had the nerve to post on this topic. I almost felt ashamed and never really mentioned to anyone that I just didn't get into shooting my .22's very much.

Of course, a .22 was my very first...and second...handgun. The first was a piece of junk Iver Johnson revolver that I had for about 10 days. The 2nd was a Ruger Standard Model...predecessor to the "Mark" series...that I bought in 1973. I still have it, but I rarely shoot it. The only other .22 handgun that I have is, since we're being brutally honest here...a Jennings J-22! I have 3 .22 rifles...a 10/22 "deluxe sporter" that I also bought in '73, and a Marlin 39A and Winchester 61 pump, chambered in .22 short. Those last 2 guns were owned by my father and grandfather. But, I never shoot any of those any longer.

When I first bought that Ruger Standard Model, I enjoyed shooting it a lot. I've put thousands of rounds through it. But, when I finally got a 9mm as my first centerfire handgun, I was hooked and just sort of let the .22 fall by the wayside as my collection and interests grew. I'll never be without one, but I see the .22 as more a part of my shooting history than shooting regimen.

Page generated in 0.03263 seconds with 8 queries