View Single Post
Old July 28, 2014, 01:24 PM   #15
tahunua001

ok well, worth is kindof subjective here. on one hand, it's a 'wartime bring back" meaning that it's service in war can be verified by at least one, first person account and probably by your paperwork to be authorized to take it home.

actual monetary value is quite low. it's been sporterized, or cut down, notice that the stock on Kraigs extends almost completely to the muzzle while yours ends about halfway down the barrel. this was done by somebody to make the rifle lighter and easier to carry for extended periods of time. they also threw away the upper handguard and the retention ring for it, along with the bayonet lug/front stock band. the rifle is also missing almost all of its finish, they were originally blued, yours looks almost like white steel at this point. it's quite pitted. as far as sentimental value goes, this rifle is off the charts but for actual monetary value goes it's probably worth less than $200. in original condition like Kraigs rifle, they go for upwards of $800.

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 8 queries