View Single Post
Old November 1, 2012, 10:44 AM   #11
tahunua001

Quote:
I guess I never really noticed whether one was DA/SA or not, probably because I am not familiar with how either single action or double action feels like.
with a DA/SA gun you have two separate actions the first shot is double action where it has to fully retract the hammer and then release it once it has been cocked. as a side effect, double action trigger pull is quite long and heavy, usually in the 10-12 pounds area. after the first shot the slide rocking back and forth cocks the hammer automatically so the trigger only has to release the hammer which is a much shorter, smoother operation usually in the 4-6 pound area, similar to the weight and travel of the glock 19 or Ruger SR9.

what you may have been doing is cocking the hammer yourself before you shot meaning every shot was single action so it is harder to tell the difference. I usually do that because I hate heavy trigger pulls and 2 separate pull weights means I have to concentrate abnormally hard for that first shot and even then I end up with a first round "flyer" that hits a different spot from the rest.

Page generated in 0.02286 seconds with 8 queries