View Single Post
Old September 5, 2007, 01:25 PM   #48
Justme

Is it better to be totally ignorant or to have your basic ignorance increased? Believing you can disarm anyone after a few hours of class, no matter how many hours of private practice, means you have increased instead of decreased your ignorance.

Anyone who thinks they can disarm an angry sociopath is deluded and has obviously never spent much time dealing with violent people. I have trained for decades and am under no delusions that I could disarm anyone. I drive daily but I don't think I could take a weekend class and then race on the F-1 circuit, but in my mind that is what is being suggested as possible.

Anyway, so a 125lb woman disarms an angry sociopathy, what now? Think he really needed the gun in the first place? If you answered yes, go sit in the corner.

If it was possible to reliably disarm someone a gun would be worthless in self defense.

Why does everyone think that sociopaths are easy to disarm but law abiding gun owners are not? That makes no sense.

BTW I am 5'8" and carry a keltec .32, which I don't think anyone could take from me without getting shot. Oddly enough nobody ever messes with me either. I could be because I have 10-15 first cousins who are mean bastards.

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries