View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 04:42 PM   #36
Lost Sheep

Not all Should rigs

Oops. Obviously I messed up the subject line. Should be, "Not all shoulder rigs point rearward".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixConflagration

GSUeagle, I'm curious as to why you're looking so hard at a shoulder rig. I think most people will tell you it's not that great a method of carry. For one thing, the barrel will constantly be pointed at whomever is behind you.

A good IWB holster is about the best way to go for most people, and will work well in hot or cold weather. Check out Crossbreed holsters or Comptac holsters, and search TFL for holster threads.

I have one shoulder holster (for a large revolver) that has the barrel pointed straight down. I have another (for a small frame short barreld revolver that has the gun pointed straight up. Depending on how I have it adjusted and my body position, the gun might be pointed in front of, into or slightly behind my armpit.

Other shoulder holsters have the gun pointed rearward or rearward and up.

I have yet to see a shoulder rig the points rearward and down, but would not rule out the possibility.

About the only holster I would rule out or the realm of possibility is one that has the gun pointing out.

The primary active safety with any firearm is between the ears.

Lost sheep.

Last edited by Lost Sheep; June 6, 2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Subject line was wrong

Page generated in 0.03668 seconds with 8 queries