View Single Post
Old July 31, 2001, 09:48 AM   #1
jb26

First Shotgun...pump

Ok, I'm getting ready to get my first shotgun.

I want to use it for everything for the time being. Duck, goose, recreational clay, home defense and down the road probably for deer.

I have pretty much narrowed it down to a Mossberg 500 or a Rem 870. From what I gather reading posts in this forum, it is pretty much a matter of preference. But here are my questions.

Is it possible to increase the magazine size on a mossberg 500 from the 6 shot to the 9 shot? I assume you would have to use a different barrel if this is at all possible. I have never seen an extension for this for sale.

Is it possible to increase the magazine size on the Rem 870 from 5 to 7 or more? I have seen these extensions in catalogs, but the Remington web site says that after 1993(?) you can't use the extension because of the tube configuration.

I was looking at the mossber 500 turkey gun in camo at the local walmart. It was listed at $233. I comes with the xxturkey choke and a 24" vr barrel. Is this a good gun/price? and is this choke threaded the same as the accuchokes? I figure is I get this gun, I would just need an 18.5" barrel for HD and some other chokes. But I would like some experienced opinions.

I can't really find any 590's. They don't have them at the wally world and the local gun stores jack up the prices so much that I would probably pay more than the msrp.

Thanks

The P6 by any other name is just as sweet. -jb26 (in an obscure reference to the sig 225)

ex libertatum et iusticia, pax

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries