View Single Post
Old January 17, 2014, 05:24 PM   #16
ClydeFrog

Sit, Wait & Talk....

I just watched the police camera video & it was intense.
I would have acted differently in the event but overall the uniformed police officer's acts were prudent & professional.
I would have relayed my exact location to the dispatch, requested back-up, waited for LE back-up before making entry into the dwelling.
I would have handcuffed or restrained the female subject if I was still alone & I would have maintained my position by the front door if there were no other access points(doors, patios, basements, etc).
If I had to draw the male subject out, Id stay by the porch area & let him come to me, not entering the house & starting a confrontation.
The officer's approach seemed highly dangerous & risky from a tactical perspective.
In my view(or if I were a supervisor on the use-of-force panel) Id say the police officer was clear to use lethal force as soon as the armed subject started towards him.
The cop yelled commands to stop, backing up & allowing the subject to get into the living room.

The responding police & the main officer should have hooked up the female directly too. They knew she'd wig out & become upset/violent.
LE, security & other first responders needed to aware of the surroundings & other scene occupants.
They can flip out or become combative too.

This event reminds me of the hostage incident in Daytona Beach Florida. A few. DBPD officers had to use lethal force in low light(white lights) against a knife wielding drug addict. They shot the hostage taker but the female hostage was wounded. It was discussed on TFL a few months ago.

Page generated in 0.02910 seconds with 8 queries