View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 11:27 PM   #38
george tarleton

.243 cleaning info

wow! what a lot of feedback/info on the cleaning issue! it seems that the fouling shots for accuracy was a secret than no one was trying to keep a secret, at least for us plinkers, or is it plunkers. i am not going to chase the accuracy game because i have already seen how addicting it could become. as far as buying more guns, i don't have the time to shoot the ones i got. doesn't mean i do not think about it though. luckily, i have a wife with a lot of common sense who helps keep my gun addiction in check.
i have ordered the hornady oal guage guide and was wondering about the comparator (sp?) and the olgive issue because the point length might change but the shoulder be the same. the recommendation to get one sold me.

rangefinder- 1000 yds! bogles the mind. i am just trying to improve my minute of bambi at 100 yrs. i live in heavily wooded national forest, so 200 yds is a very long shot. 100yds is about normal.
thanks to all for the input. always interesting to read from folks that been doing it longer. also this is a great forum. very little flaming, just folks sharing their passion.
george t.

Page generated in 0.02780 seconds with 8 queries