View Single Post
Old August 1, 2014, 08:00 PM   #9
Gabe1972

Jim, I presently have three scopes. An old (probably older than me at 42) Bushnell that is very solid, but I don't know the model as I can't even find it on it. A Tasco that I got for a BSA Supersport airgun a while back. And then a cheap tasco scope that came with a .22 I bought years ago. I can't stand any of them. It's not the cost or the kind of scope...I just can't stand scopes. I don't like having to look through a long tube to be able to hit what I want when I love open sights. A cheap, expensive, or world class scope isn't going to make a difference as I wouldn't use them anyway. And I know they are cheap red dots, but I want to go cheap to see what I like before I spend the money on something that's worth the money, if you know what I mean.

Also, I have already ordered the full length rail, specifically for the Axis, as this thing has that two piece deal that is pretty much worthless for anything other than full length scopes.

g.willikers, I've read that before about still being able to use it as an aiming device if it quits working, and about the sun reflection. I've also read that the tube type are more sturdy against accidental damage.

pturner67, That's a little too much at this point, but again, this is just to test the waters, so to speak. A better one will come later. I've actually contemplated buying one of each type of the cheaper ones to decide then getting a better one of the type I like.

Pahoo, I've read that the open type are the quickest type to get onto target. I've also read about keeping both eyes open and it would be something I would have to practice, but also read about to see what the advantages are to doing it this way. In iron sights I've never done this. Just squint and go, so to speak...LOL.

Thanks for all of the advice folks, I surely appreciate it. It gives me more to think about for sure.

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 8 queries