View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 05:44 PM   #39
Nickel Plated

Well, at the moment DeBlasio, the Dem candidate for mayor is looking to be the likely winner. The Rep Lhota is seriously trailing in the pols. Not to start a Dem vs Rep argument here. Just saying the DeB is pretty vocal of his opposition of S&F so if he gets elected. That program might not be around for long.

Quote:
Well with respect, I disagree.
I don't get the "even if something works, don't do it" concept.
Like I posted, S&F is not a ideal law enforcement policy but when you consider how densely populated New York City is & the factors involved; counter-terrorism, crime, gang activity, illegal immigration, etc then it could help expedite these criminal investigations or prevent crimes.

Like the old saying; "nothing good happens after 1000pm", you can't play Harvard Law Professor or Dr Phil with group of gang members at 200am in a dark alley.
Believe me, those situations are not fun.

Clyde
As for justifiying the program; I have to disagree. Effective or not, it is unconstitutional, which means it needs to go. That's what rights are there for, not to be set aside when convenient. Even if for no reason other than the NYC gov't and the NYPD have gotten mighty cozy with the idea that they can do whatever they want regardless of the Constitution. Anything that puts them back in their place is a plus in my book.

Random police searches of people's homes would reduce crime drastically (and it's not too different from S&F is it?) So go ahead, open your door. You got nothing to hide after all......riiight?

Page generated in 0.02370 seconds with 8 queries