Thread: Reloading
View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013, 08:08 PM   #14
BigJimP

RCBS Rockchucker is a good press...but its slow / painfully slow..and tedious. Is it a waste of money, probably not ...but resale on them isn't great...because they're so slow...

Rockchucker is best used for "hunting ammo" where you only need 20 rounds or so ..../ not a couple of hundred rounds...
-------------
Dillon SDB is handgun calibers only - it also uses a proprietary die unique to only that press. Its a very good press...but it has limitations.
----------
Dillon 550 or 650 is where you want to be ....for 500 to 800 rds an hour off the press and they'll do both handgun and rifle calibers. The 650 has a unique feature - that checks the powder drop in a case ( Hornaday LNL has a similar system ) but the Dillon 550 does not have room for it in the tool head.

Dillon 650 or Hornaday LNL are comparable.../ they're a better value long term - but more money up front.

Now, you might consider buying one or the other without the case feeder and save a few bucks....
-----------
I think you'll be happier with a LNL or Dillon 650 ....and you might grow to hate the tedious nature of the Rockchucker...( I did -- and that was almost 40 yrs ago when I was using the Rockchucker...)...and I wouldn't go back down that path, for handgun or semi-auto rifle ammo ...

Page generated in 0.02849 seconds with 8 queries