View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 09:42 PM   #33
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo roy
Why? Really what good would that do for you? What I know or don't know is of real concern of yours. It's one thing to offer differing veiws on the topic, but it seems strange that you would want to question me. Why?
Because as far as I know, there are no loopholes under the law in Chicago, or Illinois for that matter, that would allow an ordinary person to legally carry a loaded gun concealed in public.

My concern is that insofar as possible accurate information be provided on this board. If you claim that there are loopholes that permit an ordinary person to carry a loaded gun concealed in Chicago, it's not unreasonable to expect you to provide evidence supporting that claim. Otherwise folks reading your posts might be misled to their detriment.

And if there are no such loopholes, your statement in post 24 (emphasis added):
Quote:
...As far as I know Chicago has no carry law or it's very limited, so carrying a gun can make you a bad guy too, but would you rather be caught without one....
is condoning or encouraging illegal activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo roy
...What I know or don't know is of real concern of yours...
While it's true that as long as you're keeping it to yourself, what you know or don't know is none of my concern. But when you post here, whether or not what you post is accurate is very much my concern.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03502 seconds with 8 queries