View Single Post
Old July 18, 2002, 10:43 AM   #4
eerw

Mags..
Sometimes you can find them on the USPSA classifieds....think an ad went up a couple of days ago..the tough part will be finding a 27 rounder...back before the ban..you could buy some old rusty shells from Caspian for cheap and weld them together for the 170mm mag...it was cool..Used to have two of them..

Holsters...
safariland 012, the Ghost and Limcat seem to be the most popular..you can find them sometimes used too..I just got hold of a 011 for a few bucks...

Optics..Go with the C-more...nice and light...good track record..the only other I would consider would be the Aimpoint..

Parts...not a lot...EGW, Caspian seem to offer the most..problem is..the thumb safety, grip safety, MSH, mag release and trigger are all specific to the frame...otherwise all the other 1911 parts should work...

Grips..not too many choices either...look through brownells..but Caspian offers a black micarta set that are good..on mine..I had the front strap checkered...felt the best to me..EGW can do a great job there..then I would skateboard tape the sides...

Sounds like a great gun...I will have to dig through my loading manual..used to have loads for a four-port hybricomp with four port comp..might check Jeff Maass's ipsc resource..seems to be the best comprehensive look at 38 super and 40 loads..

Page generated in 0.02214 seconds with 8 queries