View Single Post
Old March 28, 2010, 09:44 PM   #3
qcpunk

Yes, a Baffle could help smooth out the powder distribution. How full did you fill the hopper during the test? And were you keeping the powder level somewhat consistant? Did you crank the lever exactly the same each time as well?

Some powders/throwers meter better with plenty of powder in the hopper to help push down on the powder in the throw chamber. I usually keep mine around ~2/3 full with AA#7. Also, when I throw my powder, I smoothly bring the lever up with a slight Tap at the top of the stroke to ensure everything drops free well. Same on return to Tap the powder into the charge chamber consistantly. Note; This is my standard procedure, and remains constant regardless of caliber and quantity of loads being performed.

Edit: Oh Mongoose beat me to it. I second what he said regarding throwing a bunch of charges before actually measuring. Drop these charges into a bowl or something and just recycle it back to the hopper.
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." --Abraham Lincoln

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries