View Single Post
Old July 31, 2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Uncle Malice

Quote:
So, an important question is if Arizona law would consider such a firearm to be a shotgun even if the BATFE doesn't.
If it wasn't sold as a "shotgun", I don't think I would have a problem trying to protest that in court. I am, as the Shockwave site suggested, emailing the ATF to get a return letter, specific to my serial number, indicating that it would be considered legal.

AZ is quite friendly with the gun laws. I'm pretty sure it would be okay - but I will likely try to get confirmation from local PD as well. Obviosuly, I'm not trying to do anything illegal here, so hopefully this thread is all within the rules. I believe it is.

Quote:
Uncle, I wanted to do that but I cannot "prove" my P/G Defender I bought in 1985 was purchased as pistol grip only...
From my understanding, you should be able to send a letter to the ATF with the description, make, model, serial number... and what you want to do to it. They will send a letter back with confirmation on how the gun was originally manufactured and whether you would be authorized to make such modifications.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Page generated in 0.03037 seconds with 8 queries