View Single Post
Old March 8, 2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Armed_Chicagoan

Yep, my instructor was very clear on that part, that his course was almost entirely designed by him with little guidance from the state. He stressed that he was not a lawyer, and that we needed to read the law ourselves. We were all given copies of the relevant parts of the law.

Prior to taking the course I was worried that, because of the exceptionally cold and snowy weather we've had this winter I hadn't been to the range since October and had concerns about being rusty for the shooting portion. So I went to an indoor range and asked for the target you need to qualify with, he pulls out this gigantic silhouette roughly the size of a barn door! Took 100 shots at it from 10 yards (the maximum distance in the qualifying) and I don't think I missed it once though I didn't count the holes. There was certainly no reason to worry, though some people in my class did just barely pass. I have a feeling some of them had never fired a gun before, one guy held his support hand thumb behind the slide and had to have it bandaged up to stop the bleeding...

Page generated in 0.02257 seconds with 8 queries