View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 10:15 AM   #15
Lee Lapin

The best accessory is a good class at the hands of someone who knows their way around a fighting shotgun. Very few people will learn as much as fast any other way - a lot of folks complain about the supposed cost of a class, but good training will actually SAVE time and money in the long run. When you can get through a couple of varied iterations of the Rolling Thunder drill without flapping, you'll know what I mean The mindset and skillset of the shooter are far, far more important that anything that can be bought and bolted onto the shotgun.

That said, I tend to stick with Louis Awerbuck's short list of accessories for a defensive shotgun. Going back to my notes from the Shotgun I class (May 2006) -

- a stock short enough for the shooter to to use comfortably, most shotgun stocks are too long for many shooters. A good recoil pad is a big help.

- a sling is to a shogun as a holster is to a pistol. KISS as far as slings are concerned, the simpler and stronger the better.

- a white light source mounted on the gun, especially on pump guns.

- sights, if the shooter prefers them. Sights need to be simple and sturdy, front sights should be silver soldered onto the gun

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.03792 seconds with 8 queries