View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Ozzieman

The only gun that I wore out was a Charter arms Bulldog which is a 44 special.
I purchased it used in the early 80’s and shot several thousand rounds of heavy (240GR) bullets.
The gun was not worn out but the cylinder had a lot of play and we are talking about a lot of play. It was still safe to shoot but not for a carry gun. I gave it to a friend for a bed side gun which he still has and I liked the gun so much I bought a new one and shoot only 200 gr bullets.
The only other gun that I handled that I considered wore out was an S&W 19.
The owner felt that the only way to close a cylinder on a revolver was to swing the gun as hard as you can to slam the cylinder shut. He did it so much that the crane was no longer straight to the frame of the gun. He used to practice it daily.
More damage is done to guns by owners than by shooting them. I remember when I purchased my first Ruger MKII. I was told that when buying an MKll you’re buying it for your grand children. The gun has such a long life span that they will be shooting it.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries