View Single Post
Old September 21, 2009, 06:28 PM   #3
taylorce1

Not Parker Hale, they might have been imported under Parker Hale but I'm pretty sure they have always been a Yugoslavian (stand corrected) built action. I'm by far no expert on the Mauser 98 both military and commercial. The PH was usually the same as the Santa Barbara Mauser.

The Interarms Mark X are the same as the Charles Daly action which was the Remington 798 and 799 action which they have now dropped from their lineup. Zastava is the company who built the Charles Daly and Remington actions, but they might have been under a different name when the Mark X was imported by Interarms.

The synthetic stock is an aftermarket not original. Good news is your buddy got a pretty decent action and rifle. I don't care for the cartridge but that is a personal thing I have with most 7mm RM, but it will handle anything in the lower 48 with ease. He should see a lot of years of service from that rifle tell him to enjoy.

Last edited by taylorce1; September 22, 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Change Chec to Yugoslavian

Page generated in 0.02943 seconds with 8 queries