View Single Post
Old October 28, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1
rodwhaincamo

Best deer blinds

I've used many blinds in the few years I've been hunting. Everything from some redneck thrown together scraps to plastic/aluminum store bought to custom built. Custom seems the way to go since it can be tailored to your height and made the way you feel it ought to be. Weight and durability are key as I'd like to be able to set up alone and want it to last. Tree stands definately work well, and I'm not far off of the evolution from monkeys. But I just like a box stand since it protects from the elements, can be heated, offers more flexibility, and offers better concealment. Definately has to be carpeted. I've helped with a couple, and found I like plexiglass removeable windows made to slide in a frame. And I've considered a hasp so it can be locked while I'm gone. Seen may too many people abuse other's blinds. To reduce weight I keep thinking of 1/8-1/4" plywood for all but the floor with 2x2s for the wall/ceiling frame, with 1/2-3/4" plywood floor and 2x4 framing. I figure I can use bolts to secure the bottom half to the top so it can be taken apart to more easily maneuver it by myself. Anyone have any cheap and easy tips especially where the legs are concerned? I'd like for it to be multilevel capable. Sometimes it seems ground level is better when in thick brush, and at others getting above the brush offers a lot.

Page generated in 0.02293 seconds with 8 queries