View Single Post
Old March 7, 2005, 03:48 AM   #7
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jseime
for example one man was caught with a browning buckmark pistol, a glock 9mm and an S&W .45. he had a large quantity of ammo for all of them and spent one day in jail which is ridiculous in the first place because it shouldnt be illegal but only one day for owning three illegal weapons and ammunition for all of them is even worse.
Huh? It shouldn't be illegal, but if it is it should carry a lengthy sentence? I don't understand that reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne
Four more holes in the myth that marijuana growers are harmless.
You have to draw the line somewhere. This guy sounds like a scumbag, but the Mounties have no right to harass someone who's growing plants, no matter what Canada law says. What if it were a law against certain books and not plants that led to the raid? Would anyone be condemning his actions simply because he had a prior conviction for sexual assault?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.03057 seconds with 8 queries